Saturday, June 24, 2017

Our Mixed Media Moods June 2017

I recently joined a Facebook group, on the suggestion of my new friend Jenn Engle AKA Mixed Media Jenn :)  The group is based on a monthly challenge by Jenn and Deedee Catron of UmWow Studio and the theme every month is based on a group of photographs (a mood board!).

The mood board for June is gorgeous!

Our Mixed Media Moods June 2017

Don't you just love those photos and colors!  I have only recently begun my journey into mixed media, but let me tell you...I am hooked!  I have been watching hundreds of videos by Jenn Engle, Deedee Catron and Maremi's Small Art, just to name a few and they have greatly inspired me :)

I really enjoyed creating this piece inspired by this month's mood board:

Beautiful Blessings Leah Tees June 2017

I used my Dr Ph. Martin's Hydrus watercolors to create the background over gesso and a Tim Holtz stencil. I used a door die cut from Spellbinders along with a flourish die from Cheery Lynn and a mop-up tag (thanks for the ideas Jenn!) to create the focal point and finished it off with some burlap that I painted to match the background and die cuts and some Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers.

I like this piece so much that I have framed it and will be putting it on the wall in my house :)

I can't wait to see what the next mood board will be, but I know Jenn and Deedee are taking a break for this month but they will be back next month with a party for their Mood-iversary!

Thank you for stopping by, come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment