Wednesday, February 21, 2018

3x6 Art Journal: Page 2 with 7 Kids Crafting and Supply Store Rainbow Challenge

It's challenge time at 7 Kids Crafting and Supply Store! This week's challenge theme is Rainbows, and I have created a watercolor art journal page for you today with a really great quote I found on the internet.


Rainbows art journal, 7 Kids, Leah Tees














I have created this page in my 3 x 6 handmade watercolor art journal. I started by creating the rainbow in the background using Prima Marketing's The Classics Watercolor Pans.


Rainbows art journal, 7 Kids, Leah Tees








When the background was the color I wanted it, I let it dry. Then I used a rain drop stencil and Broken China Distress Oxide Ink to create the raindrops. I added shadows to the rain drops with an Inktense Pencil in a dark blue and the highlights were added with my white gel pen.


Rainbows art journal, 7 Kids, Leah Tees






I also added some white dots to add add some whimsy to the page. The text is a quote I found on the internet and this time I found the quote first, which gave me the idea for the page. I printed the text out on regular card stock and distressed the edges with Distress Oxide Ink in Broken China. I also distressed the edges of the whole page with the same color.


Rainbows art journal, 7 Kids, Leah Tees








I love this quote and it is so true! Sometimes we have to go through the bad to find the good. This is true in my life story as well as many others' I'm sure. Even the smallest good things can come after the bad, but even though they may be small, they are still good :)


Rainbows art journal, 7 Kids, Leah Tees












I hope you play along with this week's challenge at the 7 Kids Crafting and Supply Store Facebook page. The theme is rainbows! Let's see how many different creations we can come up with using that theme! I'm sure there are going to be plenty of wonderful creations, and I look forward to seeing yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment